5 Tips to Improve your Instagram Feed

8:35 AM


 5 Tips to Improve your Instagram Feed
#feedgoals

Have you ever wondered how people on Instagram make their feed cohesive and looks visually pleasing? Well, I will give you 5 Tips to amp up your Instagram game. There are things you need to know in order to make your feed look good and at the same time true to who you are and your aesthetic.

 If you’re in a business, a blogger or just want an Instagram feed that looks nice, then I cannot stress enough the importance of knowing your visual voice.

A business or a personality can definitely show on your feed posts. Think of it as your online portfolio or business card. Which is why it’s an innocent form of marketing yourself or your products.

In this social media age, where it is a dictator on who is hot or not has a lot of things to do with what you posts on Instagram or any form of social media.

 In this blog post, I’ll tell you:
  • ·      What layout or theme to use
  • ·      How to arrange your posts
  • ·      How to maintain and edit your feed


So let’s get this started,

1.    Theme /Color Coordination

 First, you need to figure out the overall layout of your feed. I suggest you stick to a theme or a color scheme. This will make it easier for you to maintain it.

Here are a few examples of the themes and layout.


Be it, fashion, food, flatly or nature. You can personilize your feed according to your mood but always keep it consistent and Stick to it.

2.    Filter / Editing apps

     I use 3 main apps to edit my photos, but i always stick to just one filter or look.
       It varies how you need to edit each photo depending on the lighting, but do keep in mind that you need to keep it consistent. 
Below is an example of my previous feed. 

       And here is an example of a before and after photo I edited on Vsco and Snapseed. 
                 I use purchased filters on VSCO but there are free presets you can download.
Its just my preference to have options. 
3.    Camera/ Phone camera

          Personally, 60% of my Instagram posts are taken by my iPhone 6 plus and the other 40% are taken              from my mirrorless or my Dslr. But the truth is it doesn't even matter what camera you use as long as you take good photos. 

     I heard a quote " The best camera gear you can you use, is the one you have with you or what is available." This is true, No matter how expensive your gear is the composition is off then it is not a good photo. 

      It is my preference to use a mid - professional level cameras to improve and get the look I am aiming for. 
     Plus, I have a photography background. But it doesn't matter, you need to take photos and enjoy at the same time. 



4.    Tripod and lighting.

Being single like me, I need a tripod and remote in order to get a great photo. But if you are taken, ask your boyfriend or your girlfriend to take some photos. Take turns. 

Having a steady shot, will make your photos more sharper and pleasing to look at. 

Good lighting is key in achieving a good feed. I use natural lighting almost on all of my photos and I rarely use the flash. Flash can make your photos look blown out and harsh. So, I recommend natural lighting. 


5.    Take a lot of photos and have fun.

      Instagram is insisted to be fun. So don't be so uptight. Its your visual diary. A journal of your life. So take plenty of photos and keep it as a memory. 

                 Remember, its not a race or a competition on who gets the more likes on IG.  

So Just be you and enjoy. 


 

Love what you do. Take your time to create what you want to see and share.
Keep your creative juice flowing. 

Plan- Curate- Edit and Have Fun!
See you all on Instagram! 
Follow me @imbryfetalvero and let's talk! 😊

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe